Friday, February 16, 2007

SAD NEWS :o(




http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=251909&GT1=7703


Duane "Dog" Chapman
'Dog' Loses Extradition Battle in MexicoFeb 16, 8:10 AM EST
The Associated Press
GUADALAJARA, Mexico -- A federal court has cleared the way for TV bounty hunter
Duane "Dog" Chapman to be extradited to face charges in Mexico, court officials said.
Norma Jara, a spokeswoman for the second district court in Guadalajara, said the court rejected Chapman's injunction request, ruling there was no reason not to try him with the charge of deprivation of liberty of Mexico.
"We only just heard about the Mexican court's decision to continue with the extradition proceedings, and are still in shock," Chapman and his wife, Beth, said in a statement issued Thursday night in Honolulu.
"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," they said. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."
Mexican authorities had already asked for Chapman's extradition from Hawaii.
Chapman's lawyers argued he would not be guaranteed a fair trial in Mexico, Jara said.
The charges against the 53-year-old star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter" stem from his June 2003 capture of convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, in Puerto Vallarta, 210 miles west of Guadalajara.
Chapman was arrested Sept. 14 along with his son and another associate and released on $300,000 bail. He faces up to four years in a Mexican jail if convicted.
Luster's capture shot the Honolulu-based bounty hunter to fame and led to the TV series. His disappearance set off an international manhunt by police, FBI and bounty hunters trying to recoup some of the bond money. Luster is serving a 124-year prison term.



More on "Dog" Chapman
Add a comment / Read comments (60)

5 comments:

alli-gal said...

I think if "dog" took another rapist off the streets, no matter what country he's in, he should be honored......that's just my opinion!!!!

Andrea said...

You're right Allison! Especially Andrew Luster. He's the creep of all creeps! Drugged and date raped women and video taped himself doing it. Makes me sick to think about it.

Don't worry Leland, I'll bake you a prison cake with a file inside!!!

sela said...

They fear for Dog's life if he ends up in a Mexican jail. I sure hope the lawyers figure something out fast.

enN2sp said...

I agree with all 3 of you.

The lawyers need to come up with something to keep him from going to jail.

I have been to Mexico, I use to go every year with my parents from the time I was 2 until I was 18.

It's not pretty, My dad got stopped by police on the way to my grandma's if it wasn't for him tell the cop that he was born there he would have trumped up something.

One year we stopped to get gas and even the gas station attendant tried to cheat him out of some money tried to charge him more than he was suppose to.

Until my dad said No I know how to read in Spanish, He backed off.

I loved the year that my dad had those volunteer sheriff license plates on the front of his car, no one bothered us at all!

alli-gal said...

Dog will probably end up killing someone if he gets sent to jail and they mess with him.......then, he'll be in for life.....what are we gonna do???