Saturday, November 15, 2008

My First CDA Course

Some of you might know that I have to take 4 classes to KEEP my job, since it's a govenment run program.


I have to get my CDA that's Child Development Associate.

I just finished my first class called ECED 103 (Early Childhood Education). I cried after the first Saturday Oct. 13th class it was too overwhelming to me. I cried for an hour when I got home, I was thinking how am I going to get through this in six weeks, I haven't been to school for 24 years.

Anyway I have 3 more classes to take we (there are 4 of us having to take this class where I work) we are already signed up for the next class in January. That's going to be every Monday night for 18 weeks (no spring break for us).

We had to sign a paper saying that we have to stay at our jobs for 3 years after taking all these classes or pay the school I work for back. For each class it's $300 that's $12oo altogether. So I guess I'm staying there at least until 2012-2013 year then I can quit my job if I want. I will be 46-47 years old by then.

Well I wanted to show everyone what I got in this first class.




















I'm proud of myself getting this done
but it was a _i_c_ getting there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

jill anne said...Way to go! We knew you could do it!!

Andrea said...

Wow Rosie! That's awesome!!!!! I'm proud of you!!!!! AND you drove to Jan's the other night! Watch out B!

*Jen* said...

Congratulations, Rosie! Nice work! This will all go by fast. Just think about the "big picture." It's all worth it!

alli-gal said...

Awesome!!! It IS scary to go back to school isn't it? I have been considering taking some classes for the first time in 12 years and I'm scared too!!

Great Job!!!

Bitzky77 said...

Excellence!

A's are hard to A-chieve. (I'm just full of lame jokes today, Aye?)

Way to bring your A-game.

alli-gal said...

Bitz........you make me laugh!!!

Bitzky77 said...

A