Saturday, October 20, 2007

I FINALLY GOT TO DRIVE !

Most of you know that I FINALLY got my drivers license 2 day after Christmas.

Any way I finally got to drive BY MYSELF on Wednesday October 17th for work.
One of my co-workers came up to me and asked me if
I could go to Peru and take some papers to a teacher there and pick up a parent at her apartment.

I told her that I don't know Peru that well I just know how to get to the school and that was it.

She said that the boss would be there in 15 minuets and she would talk to me about it. WELL that never happened, I had to go on the other side of the building to get something and when I came back the receptionist handed me the key and the papers I was to give the teacher in Peru.

She said " take these to the teacher and that the boss was very proud of me and you can leave at 11:15 a.m." This was told to me at 11:09 a.m. I remember because I looked right at the clock when she said the time.
I said I'm going now because if I don't go now I wont have the courage to go then. So I got my jacket and left the building right then.



This is what our vans look like but says "Kokomo-Centers Head Start Program" on the side.

Anyway I pull up at the stop sign and pull out onto Sycamore going toward 31. Thank god I had to stop at the light. I said OUT LOUD (remember, I was by my self) "LORD JESUS BE WITH ME" the light turned green and off I went to Peru.

Everything went well until I got almost to Grissom and there it came beside me A BIG HUGE SEMI. I kept saying to my self go away, go away, go away (I hate semi's even when I'm a passenger) Thank goodness for the last person that drove this van because as that semi went passed the BEATLES came on the radio (I couldn't tell you what song but I knew it was the Beatles) and I was singing along in my head.

WELL I got to the school just fine no accidents no nothing just shaking like a leaf. The teacher and her aid were very surprised to see me by myself they even knew I didn't drive. Then I had to go FIND this parents apartment, they did give me directions. I found her apartment and pick her up, when she got into the van I got to the stop sign of her complex and I asked her if she knew how to drive then told her I haven't drove since 2 day's after Christmas when I got my drivers license. She said "yes i do, do you want me to drive?" I said NO that the boss is making me drive and I need a witness to say that I did drive, besides I don't want you to lie.

We made it safe and sound back to
Sycamore Elementary School/Head Start!
Still shaking but alright.

I called B about a half hour later and told him everything that happened and he said it was good experience for me and right before we hung up he said "Do me a favor and don't do that ever again." I told him I can't promise that I have to do what my boss tells me to do she would not be happy with me if I refused.

15 comments:

OliveSoul#4 said...

Tousan said that?

He needs to let you drive! You were shaking, and that's not good. He needs to let you drive more. Seriously, Kaasan.

alli-gal said...

I agree with Livi....you should drive more. i thought you had been driving since you got your license. The more you drive, the more comfortable you'll be.

It is really nerve wracking when those semi trucks get close to you, but it sounds like you did great to me!!! I'm proud of you!!!! Thank God for the Beatles!!!! I wonder if you'll recognize the song that was playing when you hear it again. It would be pretty funny if it was "Drive My Car."

enN2sp said...

I don't think it was "drive my car", I'll have to listen to my Beatles CDs to remember what it was.

OliveSoul#4 said...

She drove us to the bus stop this morning!!
=D

alli-gal said...

That's awesome!!! Keep it up Rosie!!!

OliveSoul#4 said...

The later she drove us home from our grandma and grandpa's house.

Good job!

alli-gal said...

Is it starting to get fun for you, or are you still kinda nervous?

Andrea said...

I knew you could do it!!!!

Andrea said...

Baby steps...Baby steps.

Remember What About Bob....he'd use Dr Marvin's book Baby Steps to do everything. "Baby Steps to get on the bus" "Baby steps to sit down"

You're doing baby steps to driving. It works. You'll gain confidence and next thing you know you'll be driving down here to my house!!!

enN2sp said...

Yes, I still get nervous I can't help it.

I got some news Wenesday on my way to Tipton with one of our teachers (she a teacher that goes to your home and teacher your child instead of going to the school building). Anyway she was driving and said I had to go with her to a Hispanic home because mom doesn't speak english very well(at least she's trying),and when she has her schedule just right I will have to meet her there every week that way she can go on to other homes and I can drive myself to and from this lady's house.

sela said...

Awesome!

OliveSoul#4 said...

Dude!

sela said...

Totally!

OliveSoul#4 said...

=D

alli-gal said...

You Rock!!!!