Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I had an EXITING DAY today!

Today August 19th I had to go on a home visit with one of the teacher's and one of the Social Workers I work with(it was a Hispanic Family we went to see). That was at 8:30 A.M. after we got into the (Head Start) mini van about 9:50 A.M. and the teacher and the Social Worker were asking me how to say this and that. As we turned on to Rainbow Dr. to leave the apartment on Rainbow Cir. We get up to Prisumrose Adult Living we stopped to let the lady in front of us turn into Prisumrose to the left and we got . . . . REAR ENDED!!!

WE ARE ALRIGHT.
The 20 something guy that hit us came and asked us if we were alright about 3 times as he was calling his buddy to go across the hallway and pound on the door to wake up his girlfriend and bring her to where he wrecked HER 6 month old (to her) white SLE Coupe Toyota.

As all this was happening I had to call the school to get the right people (The Director of Business Affairs & The Head of Transportation) to the wreck site. We have to follow protocol when ever we get into any kind of accident.

When we finally got out of the van he asked the teacher (who was driving) if it was okay if we told the cops that his girls friend was driving (she wasn't even in the car). The teacher said "you do it if you want to but if they ask me I'm telling the truth, I don't want to get in trouble with where I work".

Come to find out he has a suspended licence and when the girlfriend finally got there she said she has minimal coverage, the WHOLE front end of her poor car was all smashed in.

He said he was looking into the mirror cause he had just woke up and was late getting to work at pasta-rific and wasn't paying attention he said he thought we were up farther than he thought.

Anyway we all 3 had to go to MED 1 to get check out and we all have Whiplash and got meds a Muscle relaxer and an inflammatory.

BUT ARE JUST FINE. The doctor said we would probably wake up real sore so take your meds.

I have CPR training in the morning (we get trained every year) and I don't think it's going to help being sore.

3 comments:

*Jen* said...

Dang! This is scary! Remember when Chad and I got rear ended last summer. But it was by a drunk driver. This guy that hit you didn't sound too smart either though. What ended up happening to him? Did he get arrested?

Good luck with your CPR training. Remember 30 and 2!

enN2sp said...

The dude we think just got a ticket.
We don't know yet the cops were suppose to let us know today but I never got a message.

He kept telling us his grandma just passed the day before and his girlfriend lost their first baby 2 weeks ago.

The teacher that was driving told him thing come in 3's so you should be fine the rest of the year.

enN2sp said...

I got pictures from our Ed. Consultant. I'll post them when I get home today.